Monday, July 18, 2011

Make Something Monday : Birthday Banner

With the babe's first birthday coming next month I have been spending most of his nap times working on all the DIY decor I can. Since he loves his Sophie the Giraffe so much we decided to make his party giraffe themed. I have been scouring eBay and craft stores for cute giraffe things - and I'm pleased to say that I've found a lot! I don't want to spoil the party early, but I do want to share a few simple projects I've been working on.

I found this adorable giraffe image, which I'm using throughout the party.


Today I finished the Birthday Banner!

I may have made it a bit too big, so I'm not sure where it will hang for the party, but I did some "test" hanging today just to show you. You'll have to come back in a month to see the final outcome! :)

I just used brightly colored cardstock and cut circles using a paper plate as the template. My sister-in-law informed later that they make these handy tools called "circle cutters" that would have made my job MUCH easier. Oh well. I'll be sure to get one for next time, though.


For the letters, I already had a supply of cardstock letters that I just glued onto the circles. You could also cut out your own letters, using any type of paper you want.

Then, I punched 2 holes at the top of each circle. I didn't measure them, but I guess if you are more OCD than me, you could. :)

Finally, I strung ribbon through each letter. I decided to do each word separately so I could have more flexibility when I eventually hang them.



I was too lazy to take all the crosses off the wall for today's photo shoot, but if that is where I hang the banner for his party, I will take all the crosses down.

I like how his name looks so much that I may hang just this part in his room after the party!



Making

Keeping It Simple

1 comment:

I thrive on comments...and followers.
So, please leave your thoughts and follow my blog!

If you have your own blog, please add your link so I can follow you, too!