Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ten on Ten : August 2011

It's time for my second installment of Ten on Ten. Inspired by A Bit of Sunshine.

I almost forgot this morning, but got my camera out just in time to capture Henry waking up from his nap.
Yes, he really is always this happy.


In case you don't know what Ten on Ten is all about it's a blogging challenge to take one photo an hour for 10 hours on the 10th day of the month. Basically, to encourage you to recognize the beautiful moments in a normal day. I really think it's working - normally, I wouldn't do a "drive-by shooting" of a high school football practice but today, as summer is ending, I noticed several teams gearing up for the new season. I became especially nostalgic when I saw a high school marching band practicing (they had left before I turned back around for a picture!). I have so many fun memories of marching in the HOT HOT sun with all my best friends - taking breaks at Sonic and enjoying the last few days of summer vacation.


Henry and I had a playdate with our friends Laila and Zayden at Hastings. The boys crawled all over the kid area and they pulled just about every book off the shelves!


Wearing my favorite nail polish with my favorite sandals - always makes me happy!




Back at home, where we spent the majority of this summer day, the babe and I enjoyed our favorite snack:


As I was putting away my makeup today, I thought I should give a shout out to my favorite product - Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner. This stuff is awesome! It glides on so smoothly and seriously lasts 24/7 (okay, so maybe only 24/1, but hey, that's still pretty good).


I gave in and let Henry open an early birthday present. Mema Jeanne and Grandpa Ray mailed him a special package that I was going to keep until his party, but he found it today and managed to pull it off the table, so hey, I might as well let him enjoy it now. As you can see, he definitely enjoyed it. And, as you can also see, we rarely wear pants in this house :)



This is the bulletin board that I made (out of an old picture frame) for our living room/office area. I love being able to easily see special photos and cards as well as some favorite quotes, and a monthly calendar where I document the babe's milestones.


Like father, like son...


This kid loves his bath time!


And that about sums up August 10, 2011 at the Yehl house.


ten on ten button small

5 comments:

  1. I love the snapshots into your world, B! Looks like you and H had a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed reliving your day. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my band friends that became band directors are posting lots of stuff about marching on fb and it's making me super nostalgic. Oh the fun days of marching band. I'll never forget them. Doesn't the sound of the drums bring you back?

    I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to steal your "Ten on Ten" idea once Baby gets here...wish I'd have done one before she got here to show the huge difference I'm sure there's going to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on comments...and followers.
So, please leave your thoughts and follow my blog!

If you have your own blog, please add your link so I can follow you, too!