Sunday, July 31, 2011

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

I loved that song as a child.

And now I love the "grown-up" version of it by the Christian band Fee.
I've been listening to "Arms That Hold the Universe" on repeat for days now.

And the arms that hold the universe
Are holding you tonight
You can rest inside
It's gonna be alright
And the voice that calmed the raging sea
Is calling you His child
So be still and know He's in control
He will never let you go

No matter how old you get there is comfort in knowing that Someone greater than you is in control. Despite how chaotic this world often seems, I have to hold onto my belief that God has a plan - and that His plans are always for good.

When I'm in the middle of "the darkness"- whether it's a migraine or the death of a loved one - it's nice to become childlike and simply "rest" in those arms that are big enough to hold the whole world. Most of the time this seemingly blind faith is enough to get me through.

For the times when I start to question, though, my faith requires a bit more information from this all-powerful God. But that is for another post.

Today, I feel safe and content just singing along with Fee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on comments...and followers.
So, please leave your thoughts and follow my blog!

If you have your own blog, please add your link so I can follow you, too!